Taking good care of your feet is very important for people with diabetes. The summer time is particular pleasant time for sun and fun, but also it poses a serious danger for people with diabetes.
It is estimated that approximately one of five people with diabetes has diabetic neuropathy by the American Diabetes Association. Signs and symptoms include loss of sensation, burning, pain, numbness, and tingling of the feet.
Foot care should be taken seriously when you have diabetes. Poor foot care can lead to further complications, including nerve damage, infections, ulcers, impaired circulation, and hospitalization. By taking care of your feet, more severe diabetes problems can be prevented.
Here are the 10 TOP TIPS for foot care:
1. Keep your feet dry and clean
2. Check the condition of your feet ever day
3. Visit a podiatrist regularly
4. Keep your toenails trimmed
5. Apply lotion (or sunscreen) on your feet (not toes) to avoid sunburn
6. Control your blood sugar to prevent foot neuropathy
7. Protect your feet with proper shoes and socks, no flip-flops
8. Never walk barefoot
9. Consider smoking cessation
10. Consider aerobic exercises or walking at least 15 minutes in daily life
Several mediations from Canadian online pharmacy could be used as pain –relieving treatment of neuropathy nerve pain, such as brand name Neurontin, and generic Cymbalta.
We hope these tips are helpful, be sure to talk to your doctor if you have any questions. LAI wish your feet have a pretty and healthy summer!